Monday, December 03, 2007

Ten Things I've Learned About Motherhood in < 36 hours

(in no particular order)

1. There are no exercises to prepare your forearms for carrying around a 10 month old on and off buses and down the streets of China for hours at a time. Today, the Baby Bjorn will be introduced.

UPDATE: The Baby Bjorn was a snap! We even make this look cute (thanks, Auntie Flow for loanin' us one):



2. One particular baby I know hates being naked. Getting dressed, undressed, getting our diaper changed and taking a bath are the worse things ever and I have learned that we will live through the meltdown, so rip the bandaid off and get the job done, she will survive.

3. Watching your child sleep can and has brought me to tears.

4. Babies only stay breathing through the night if you wake up every hour, grab your glasses and check to see if their chest is still moving. (I'm thinking this one is subject to change)

5. Cheerios are my new best friend. I can do everything right as long as I have a container full of Cheerios, except being naked (see #2), NOTHING helps that.

6. Consoling your child may take 5 minutes or 45 minutes. You can continue to rock through the numbness in your arms.

7. You can actually see them learn something.

8. Bus rides makes my baby drift off. I may have to take up circling the neighborhood some days.

9. My baby's laugh and smile melt my heart EVERY time.

10. I'm not the only one lovin' this new life. Need I say more....

4 comments:

Speedyss said...

Daddy looks like a natural! She'll have him wrapped around her little finger in no time!

The Howertons said...

This is like Deja Vu. You all will be thinking "this is piece of cake" when you get home and can finally use all of the modern convienences. The baby bjorn will be like gold until you get home:)

We can't wait to meet Miss Bella (Oh yeah..and see you guys too...ha, ha). Seriously, we can't express in words our happiness for you and you continually stay in our thoughts and prayers.

Looking forward to more updates!

J,E, & V

The Howertons said...

Victoria said good night to Bella from North Carolina but I think she meant good morning. Congradulations to y'all.

T......... I concur that you did not miss much in the NFL. The big news on TV is only the stuff about the Yankees disbanding......

Jeff

Colton Fisher said...

Oh the bjorn brings back such memories for me. Mr. C lived in that thing for the 1st 5 months...totally saves your arms! Keep those pics coming!
As for the oxen...well maybe they are sight-seeing as well :)

love you guys!