Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Night Before Ruby...

...and all through the hotel room not a creature was stirring except for the hotel singer and piano player down in the atrium....who I think just took a break.

After a short night's rest....this jet lag is rough...we spent the afternoon at the flower and jade markets and then went to the handicraft mall. I wear a jade bracelet every day that symbolizes, to me, our journey to Bella among other things. I got it in China and wanted something for Ruby as well. I decided that since coral is popular here, I would go that route. We looked at a lot of jewelry and I found a bracelet that I liked and I had them alter it a little and it is perfect...except that the two clang together. I'll have to get used that. I also got Ruby and I coral rosette earrings. Bella and I have a set of pearl earrings. Bella has already talked about how we can all share the different earrings...my little barterer.

Bella and I were also on a mission to add to our teapot collection and agreed on a gorgeous Japanese teapot. When I asked if there were any Taiwanese teapots, we were told that Japanese were the best....okay...The flower market was gorgeous - orchids for miles and there were Japanese peonies that were being shown and they were giant. Just gorgeous. We also picked up some CNY decorations for the new house.

We are getting the room ready for Ruby to come tomorrow. We have a lot of emotions going on - excitement and nerves. We hope for safe travels to and from her foster home and as smooth of transition as possible to us. I would guess we would be back some time Monday morning stateside.

I have pictures from today but too tired to download them tonight....I'll add some tomorrow when we have Ruby pictures to add.

Goodnight from Taipei!

2 comments:

Robin said...

What a great idea to get coral. Best wishes tomorrow for a smooth transition.

Debberoo said...

Great update! Love that you got some great shopping done and looking forward to the photos!

Hope all goes well for the big day, I know Mr Yeh will look after you and I'm sure having Bella with you will help Ruby.

It is nerve wracking in those final few hours before you get to meet them, but "good" excited nerves!